Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving! Last night (Nov 23) I went to a real Thanksgiving party! I'm in a new band with two Americans and Japanese guy (Yuji). We play an interestingly eclectic mix of blues, rock, reggae, and well, rock I guess. Yuji and his girlfriend (Autumn) threw the party and invited a really nice group of people. I met some other English, American and Canadian people, all of whose Japanese was much better than mine-motivation to study more. One couple there had two really cute kids who spoke both Japanese and English and are dual-citizens. Durring dinner we passed a bell around the table and took turns sharing with everybody what we had to be thankful for. It was really cool because alot of people said their speech twice, once in English, and once in Japanese. There was definitley a nice warm fuzzy feeling of unity and gratitude in the air. When it was my turn I let everyone know I was grateful for a really, really, really, loving, and supportive family. It was an AWESOME night! (I'm not in any pictures-I took them!-Sorry Mom)Autumn (she threw the party)
That's Little Chris (bassist) in the back giving the "rock star" point to the camera.
A very nice time indeed...
Jamericans
Please pass the stuffing (that's Saori in the white)
Chopsticks and mashed potatoes
Yuji and Autumn (the two people standing)
Warm hearts-full bellies

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home